Wednesday 19 August 2020

FREEDOM

Good morning everyone,

I got up at 6 a.m. today (as is usual), took Ben out for a pee, and had my first cup of coffee.  As soon as it was light, I went out into the (chilly) morning and proceeded to 'play in the dirt'.


I moved plants that have not done well this season to sunnier/shadier homes, hoping that in the Spring, they will be happier and make me happier in return.

It's all about give and take in the garden; as it is in life.


I put in a tiny flagstone path, watered the transplants (with pee water) and enjoyed my second cup of coffee, outside this time, to enjoy the view and appreciate my hard work.

As I sipped, I thought about freedom; the freedom of movement in particular, and how lucky I am that my 62 year old body is able to serve me pain free.

I take nothing for granted.


And I'm forever thankful.


9 comments:

  1. pee water? Is it what I assume and if so why? Your garden is lovely. I'd love to be able to join you for that cup of coffee and beauty. And a "chilly" morning sounds divine Sue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Peggy; 1 part pee to 10 parts water. It's the only 'fertilizer' I use. I would love to chill with you over a cup of coffee ♥

      Delete
  2. I can't wait for some 'chilly mornings' - sadly it will be a while around these parts! Mostly I wait with bated breath for the first freeze, then I know I can work in the garden without having to smother myself in mosquito repellent!
    Lovely garden, and that's a perfect Monarch on your buddleia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Mary. I get a lot of flak for preferring Spring and Fall over summer, lol. I can't stand the extremes of summer/winter. Our winters are long and frigid, and our summers are very humid, so I just try to cope knowing that they will soon pass.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really have done a great job on your yard. I really miss having a yard so I'll just share your beauty with you. Any new paintings?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Barbara. Yes, I'm working on a cow painting right now. Will post all about her soon!

      Delete
  5. Sue, I thought I left a comment here some time back, but I guess it didn't go through. I love what you've done with your landscaping. It's perfectly cottagey. :)The flagstone path and arbor add so much character. I'm amazed at how lush everything is. You definitely have a green thumb, and a great eye for designing beautiful outdoor spaces. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nancy. I look forward to your next post. Love what you're doing with your new nest!

      Delete