Wednesday 2 September 2020

Food Storage, No Dig Gardening, And A Cow Named Rosie

Hi Everybody,

I've been busy with the garden, and grandchildren and well, life.

The girls

I have a few things on the go to tell you about, and the first is a food storage room (or pantry) that I'll be working on once the weather turns and I can no longer play in the garden.

It's a room in the basement that is pretty much empty now, and needs some TLC.  I'll be cleaning and painting and making it pretty. The shelves are definitely not-pretty so we'll see what I can do about that.


Future pantry

You are probably asking WHY?

All I can say is that I'm currently compelled to do so.

I've been feeling very 'nesty' lately.

I'm also working on a no dig flower bed that I will plant in the Spring. The cardboard kills the grass and will decompose over the winter months, the brick is just to hold the cardboard down in the wind; it will be removed when the triple mix (soil) is added.  It's less work than digging and better for the soil and my back.

No dig flowerbed

And finally, Rosie is now finished; I'm not completely happy with her eyes (she looks sleepy to me) but here she is:

Rosie

I'll be hanging her in the food storage room along with other paintings; my next project is a rooster.

Hope you're all doing well in these mad, mad times we're living in and that my shenanigans haven't bored you to tears.

Keep in touch,

6 comments:

  1. I think the pandemic has made everyone "nesty"
    "They" say that home depot and lowes are up 35%. I know that our remodeling company is up over 30% over last year. I think everyone is home and thinking lets get it done. I don't mind obviously. In my home I had an old seen better days cabinet. I painted it and put on this really pretty peel and stick wall paper on the back of the shelves (which you don't have your shelves are open) I used a grass cloth looking peel and stick. It really upped the shelfing for me. I too have the bug you see Sue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the storage idea is great. I haven't had extra room to do that since I sold my house but having supplies on hand is a great idea. Right now I have bottles of water sitting on my kitchen floor that I practically have to step over, also several giant bottles of Peanut Butter all because hurricane isn't over yet. If I had space, I would have extras of all the things I normally use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice to have the extra space; something I don't take for granted.

      Delete
  3. You could never "bore" us, Sue. Rosie is delightful. I'd love to have your artistic talent. You've been a busy lady, and that's a good thing. Something about tackling projects and creating beauty that is very restorative. Glad to see you're well. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good to hear from you, Nancy. You're my hero; I want to be as strong as you ♥

      Delete