Saturday 27 October 2018

Hairdressers - why don't they listen?

I just had my hair cut. I took a picture of what I wanted along with me (always do) AND explained what I 'saw' in the picture just in case there was a 'perception issue'.

This is the picture:


This is what I got:


WTF? It happens every time with every hairdresser I've ever used. I keep hoping things will go differently (you know, maybe this time ...) but they never do.

This is what it looked like after I styled it myself:


Better, but still not what I wanted.

Am I alone here? Does your hairdresser listen to you when you tell her what you want done to your hair? 

Please share.





5 comments:

  1. I hank your hair looks great! Of course, I know it's not what you wanted. I have been going to the same girl for over 25 years. I love her and she does listen. A lot of times when I bring pictures in...she'll say, I'll do it, but your hair is different and it's never going to look like that. At least I appreciate her honesty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, that's what 'should' happen. You're very lucky to have her, Kim.

      Delete
  2. I think you look great. I know it's not what you wanted but you do look pretty. But those are not the same syles at all. The first has layers and is razor cut in areas. Not blunt cut. It won't move like the top pic with a blunt cut. I have a great stylist who will say as Kim's did. Have you gone to this person for a long time and they know how you like it and how your hair does what it does? If so, time to find a new person. I don't get my hair cut with scissor, my stylist uses a razor on me. It makes my hair look fuller and allows it to do what it needs to do then naturally. I don't wish to move just so I don't lose this hairdresser. Besides when I go at the end of the day she gives me a glass of wine. Ya can't beat that! I have never had a bad haircut there. Now I wish to grow my hair and I keep giving up and cutting it again. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I have decided to find a new hairdresser. Yours sounds like a dream come true, lol.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I'm late with this Sue. I think your hair looks great, but I know what you mean about hairdressers. I don't know if they already have an idea about what they want to do, or lose the plot half way through. In the past I have returned home with something completely different to what I wanted. Now though my hairdresser does exactly what I ask for, she is a gem.

    ReplyDelete