Wednesday 9 November 2022

Well, it's been a minute since I last posted here.  Two years, if you're counting.

A lot has happened; not much of it good.

After a two year struggle with diabetes, pancreatitis and blindness, my precious Ben passed away the afternoon of June 8, 2022.  

He went peacefully at home; there was no pain.

Ben was almost 17 years old. He gave me the happiest years of my life, and I gave him the best life I could. We were soulmates. I truly believe that.

I miss him everyday.

I know that won't ever change. 

To be truthful, I'm lost without him. My home and my life feel empty.

To deal with the emptiness, I've found myself a job; a distraction. 

I've been working retail for almost four months now. It's been interesting, frustrating, stressful and often exhausting.  

But ... it's been a distraction.  MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

How've you been?

10 comments:

  1. I am truly sorry for this huge loss. It's been 8 months now for me and I can't tell you it will be any different for you in 8 months. At least not for us. It's been loudly quiet here since.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Peggy. Loudly quiet is right :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to hear from you, but so sorry for your loss. Pets are family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle. Ben was definitely family. He was my family.

      Delete
  4. Hey girl. I wondered where you have been. So sorry to hear about Ben. My Buddy has crept into old age himself. Your job sounds like a good distraction. I have been researching part-time jobs and volunteer situations. I have to be in a situation where I can take the day or hour off if my blood sugar goes off. Not to many positions that will pay you do work when you feel up to it, hahaha. No seriously, I am much better and my insulin pump has made so much difference in my life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barb, glad you're doing well. Retail is not for everyone but they are flexible about hours specially with the part-timers. Standing for long hours is brutal though, so be warned, lol. ♥

      Delete
  5. Oh Sue I'm so sorry to hear about your dear Ben. t's coming up to two years since our beloved Buster died and I think of him regularly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Polly. It's really tough going. I'm sorry for your loss as well ♥

      Delete
  6. Your blog is so beautiful, I have been so busy lately about life but let me share with you all about my health life experience with the great herbal traditional doctor that saved the life of mine and my dear husband.
    I was suffering from a deadly disease herpes and diabetes and i went through alot trying to get better each everyday of my life until I came across a testimony on blogs someone telling good about Dr Jekawo, a traditional herbal doctor that cure all kind of disease such as: herpes,diabetes,epilepsy,cancer,hpv,lupus,degenerative disease,shingles,erectile dysfunction also bring back ex,leukemia,fibroid and other spiritual consultations, I contacted him via drjekawo@gmail.com then he prepared the herbal medicines and send to me which takes 21 days treatment that cured my diabetes and herpes completely,I'm so grateful with the help he rendered to me therefore I promised to share his great works.
    Thank you and I hope this could save someone else out there.
    Karen Paul
    South Carolina.

    ReplyDelete