Thursday 26 September 2019

The Daily Round

Hello friends,

It's been a while, I know.

I've just returned from a glorious week in Hilton Head, South Carolina.  It was my first time there and had I known how much I'd love it, I would have booked a longer stay. But ... next time.


Isn't it wonderful to get out of our daily routine, to do something different than we did yesterday, to get away from all of it? It kind of wipes the slate clean and forces the mind to open itself up to new possibilities.


I had the usual 're-entry' issues or what you might call the 'post vacation blues' at first but pretty quickly found myself relaxing into my old routines.


In fact, I found comfort in them. And started wondering if you feel the same?  Do the daily rituals that create your life bring you satisfaction?

Do you take comfort in your day unfolding as planned?

Let me know.



6 comments:

  1. Where you pointing at a dolphin? :-)
    Ah, the pictures look like it was glorious. I have never been to HH.
    Good question. Sometimes I do like my routine and daily rituals to come home to. But more often than not when living it I would prefer to just let it all unfold. No obligations no time table and no demands. Nice dream but not my reality. I also find I sometimes need a vacation from my vacation so I may just be a weirdo all around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I love 'weirdos'! I may have been pointing at a dolphin, it was never confirmed :0

      It's nice, once in a while, to be suprised by your daily round. In reality though, it rarely happens ♥ Thanks for checking in!

      Delete
  2. I'm always glad to go. Enjoy myself immensely while there. But can't wait to be home again. There's no place like home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What about your daily round, Barb? Do you take comfort in routine or do you go with the flow?

      Delete
  3. Oh, Sue, I love the photo of you walking on the beach. I'm kinda jealous, though. I haven't been near an ocean for over 3 years and I'm itching to to so. I do take comfort in my daily routines. Even getting up and making the bed is a joy to me. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It had been about that long for me as well, Nancy. Would love to make it an annual thing, lol.

      Delete