Wednesday 18 December 2019

Christmas Crack

I found this recipe on YouTube and the name is very fitting because this stuff IS addictive.

Here's what you'll need:

40 Saltine crackers
2 sticks butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup chopped pecans (or topping of your choice)

Preheat over to 400 degrees.

Line a sheet pan with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray. Line crackers in a single layer.


In a saucepan, melt butter and add brown sugar.  Bring to a full boil stirring constantly.

Boil for 3 minutes stirring constantly.  Immediately pour sauce over crackers and spread completely.


Bake for 5 minutes in preheated oven. Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let chips sit for 3-4 minutes then spread over the crackers.




Top with pecans and let cool for 10-15 minutes, then put in fridge until cold and chocolate is set.


Break into pieces and enjoy.

Store in fridge in airtight container (like there'll be any left, lol).

I’m sharing this post with Between Naps on the Porch.

11 comments:

  1. I have made this before and it is so good 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are always such a huge hit. Like you said, No reason to worry about storing them, they will be all gone. I have never tried them. (I have celiac) but I know that my family LOVES these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue! Oh, thank you for following my blog! I really do appreciate it. Now these look yummy. I've eaten them before but never have had he recipe! Now I do and I thank you.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone brought this to our ladies' Christmas tea last week, and WOW! I'm glad it's not here in my house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I know what you mean, but it's Christmas, right?

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness, this looks so delicious and very easy to make which is right up my alley! Thanks so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds great. I don't know why I haven't seen this before considering how much I LOVE chocolate. LOL

    ReplyDelete