Friday 20 December 2019

Home Town

Do you watch these two on HGTV?

all pics courtesy of the web

It's one of my favourite home improvement shows.


Not only because Erin and Ben create spaces that are full of charm and personality, but also because I appreciate the fact that they restore beautiful vintage homes to their former glory, oftentimes re-using found materials to build stunning pieces of furniture destined to become heirlooms for the new homeowners.


Trends come and go but charm never goes out of fashion.

Do you love old homes?

7 comments:

  1. This is my favorite as well. Erin does not wear false eyelashes and high heels and just show up. They do things. Ben is an amazing woodworker and craftsman!!! I assume the house they are standing in front of is their home? Gorgeous!! I love a craftsman like this! I don't always love their style but the show is just perfect the way it is. I heard they were hit badly by this weeks tornado. Their house is fine. One they did is badly damaged as well as the historic district. I'm sure you heard. Good Bones is another one that I like. I wish I lived where you could get a house for $100K and fix it for only $50K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I saw this show once and really liked her style, but I don’t really watch much HGTV anymore. I used to watch 24/7 for years...but no more. I’ve never even seen Fixer Upper! Might have to tune back in to catch these two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fixer Upper is okay, but the decor lacks colour and personality. She does every house exactly the same; black/white/grey with plants, lol.

      Delete
  3. I haven't watched their program. I'll have to look them up. Sounds like something I would like because I so love old houses. I got out of touch with HGTV when I cut the cable but many of the programs are on YouTube now. I miss the programs they had way back on color. Wish they would bring some back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There aren't too many good ones left, Barbara.

    ReplyDelete