Friday 13 December 2019

My Potluck Go-to

Our annual Christmas potluck is coming up.


It's an extended family get together with aunts, great-aunts, cousins, great-cousins, grandmas, dogs and grand-dogs ... well, you get the picture.  We are a large bunch and we enjoy our food.

The recipe I'm about the share with you is a crowd pleaser (always the first to go), it's cheap, and it's easy to make. 

Need I say more?

Here it is:

Deliciousness

SWEET POTATO CASSEROLE

·        6 mashed sweet potatoes
·        1 cup sugar
·        2 eggs, lightly beaten
·        1 teaspoon vanilla
·        1/2 cup milk
·        1 stick melted butter

  Topping:

·        1/2 cup brown sugar
·        1/3 cup flour
·        1/2 stick melted butter
·        1 cup chopped pecans

Preparation:

Combine first 6 ingredients and blend thoroughly with and electric mixer. Pour into a buttered baking dish. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes.
Mix topping ingredients together and sprinkle over top. Return to oven for another 10 minutes.



Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE sweet potato casserole! You tree is lovely. Because of our ceiling collapse and flooding I do not have a tree. I bought a candle that smells exactly like a tree and that is what I have this year. Unless we decide to hang garland from the open ceiling rafters. :-)
    Love the painting above your fireplace. Did you do that one? Is it of your children or Grandkids?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Margaret! What candle is that? I would love to get one. The painting above the fireplace is of my grandbabies, and yes, I painted it a couple of years ago. Thanks for stopping by ♥

      Delete
  2. Looks delicious. Hope you have great party with all the folks. Hope the weather stays nice so everyone can get there.

    ReplyDelete